Sunday, December 27, 2009

Water Intoxication?

Have you ever surfed the internet and learned something really new that blew your mind away?

That's what happened to me about a few minutes ago. I was researching on tips and tricks of the radio DJ profession to satisfy my insatiable need for information about the topic and I came across a story about a 28 year old women who died during and on-air contest.

I was curious because I worked in radio for so long and nothing that was done was ever life threatening. So I googled it up. Apparently the contest was done in the USA called "hold your wee for a Wii" where contestants would have to drink large amounts of water without urinating.

the scary part is that the 28 year old women had died in the middle of the contest due to drinking to much water and no she did not drown. It appears that you can drink to much water where it poisons your body. don't believe me? Check this video out. A news report about the whole incident.

If you want to find out more about it in detail and/or in a more scientific point of view check out the wikipedia article on the subject.

Moral of the story... too much of a good thing is bad for you.

Moe Nasrul's Facebook profile

1 comment:

Miss Healerzz said...

O.O I know this would persuade my girls who always 'tahan' their needs to go to toilet more often!

its surprising how little things would end up big. wau