Saturday, July 4, 2009

Food Poisoning :(




Hey you. I would like to apologize for the lack of posts for the past few days. I have not been feeling well lately as I had gotten food poisoning after dining out recently.

It was a very interesting experience trying to do the News and Traffic yesterday morning as in between I'd rush off to the restroom and well... do you really need the details!

I'm feeling way better now but I just wanted to use this post as a "how do you know you have food poisoning" post and when you do get it what can you to get better.

But first What is Food Poisoning? well according to Healthscout.com , Food poisoning is an acute syndrome which involves Diarrahea, abdominal cramping, vomiting which appear 48 hours after consuming infected food. Unfortunately I had experienced all of these first hand in the last 48 hours and i tell you it's not fun.

So what can you do to get better?

First and foremost drink a lot of water as with all the purging activities your body is doing your going to be really dehydrated.

When you go to the doctor you can actually get Re-hydration salts or better yet if you could run (or get someone to be your slave for a day and have them run for you) to a 7-eleven and get 100 plus. it's the same thing... just that one of them tastes better, guess which one?

Second you have to eat a pretty bland diet, nothing heavy or spicies like curry or anything. just stick to potatoes, rice, bread and milk. Yes as hard as it is you still got to eat cause your body needs it to get better.

When you see your doctor try to see if they have any medication that stops the vomiting and diarrhea. That definitely helped me alot, so much so that I'm able to do Saturdays news :D

But do take note that I am not a professional doctor, always consult the doctor in matters concerned with your health and what I've detailed are just what I had done to help me get through food poisoning.




Moe Nasrul's Facebook profile

No comments: