Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Empty Roads, The Gym and the idea of celebrating Raya in the Klang Valley.

Having spent the whole day doing a billion and one things work related and personal errands related I had the sudden urge to go to the gym and work out. Well more like I realized it was Tuesday which was core muscle and back work out day.

I sent out what I like to call a beacon out into the world via facebook pondering the possibility of being stuck in a jam and being put off from going to the gym. A friend once told me that when comes to working out getting there is the hardest battle. It's always that voice in your head that says "ah screw it, I'm gonna watch a movie." or "my god this bed is so comfortable...I'm gonna take a nap." It's always the voice and the voice is the main obstacles.

So I headed out to the gym and I was surprised to find that the roads were amazingly clear around 6:30pm which is usually the apex of the rush hour.

So there I was at the gym and the thought of tomorrow being Hari Raya Haji hit me. Funny how random thoughts hit you at random times. Does that happen to you?

Well anyways, I realized that I will be spending Raya here in the Klang Valley because my grandmother and aunties decided to come to KL and celebrate the festive holiday due to a sudden need for a change in  scenery. I'm completely cool with that because it means less traveling for me and I get to sleep in my own comfortable bed the night before raya instead of the usual guest bedroom which have become a stable standard for the last ten years of celebrating Raya in Malaysia.


So here I am with aching muscles and so far a very good night on my plate... I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :D

No comments: